Reference IDCertified Medical Assistant
A busy medical office in the Sarasota area is seeking a full-time Certified Medical Assistant. If you have experience in Ortho or Neuro environment, then you should apply. Will consider a seasoned CNA with Ortho or Neuro experience. Hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm, but two days out of the week are rotated, which the hours will be 7:30am-4:30pm.
Primary Responsibilities: (including but not limited to)
- Room patients and maintain patient flow in a timely manner.
- Verify patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history, confirming purpose of visit, entering patient information into EMR.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests, taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature.
- Document patient medications and allergies, etc.
- Removal of sutures or staples
- Wound care and check
- Assisting the physician and provide medical support to all providers.
- Must have two years of back office experience
- Must be certified CMA or MA degree
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- HIPAA knowledge
- Medical terminology
- Filing and Charting
- Responsible, Versatile and Accountable
- CPR Certified
- Able to multi-task
- Able to work in fast paced office
- Team player
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour